It is never too early to mold young minds. Before your children get addicted to television, computers, video games and other high tech gadgets, introduce them to a mind developing hobbies like stargazing and astronomy. There is never too young an age for your kids to start learning. No matter the age, there are telescopes for kids that will aid them in seeing the beauty of the stars and all the celestial bodies surrounding us.
Telescopes for kids are great gifts for budding astronomers. It would be wise to pique a child’s interest while they are young as their brain acts more like a sponge that can easily absorb whatever knowledge you impart on them. Never underestimate the intelligence of a child as they will surprise you of how much information they will be able to bear in mind. Children are naturally very curious and adaptable so it would be best to hone their curiosity and lead it to something that will help them to grow into smart and intelligent adults of tomorrow. There is no specific “right age” to introduce your kids to telescopes.
Telescopes for a child vary numerously in types and designs. Each telescope is designed for an age bracket or the skill of the young astronomer. There are even telescopes for kids that are designed for toddlers. As long as the child is old enough to hold a telescope, then that child is definitely ready for one. You can check online for the best type to suit your kid’s fancy. Just make sure that you will be getting the right type of telescopes for kids that are suited to their age, skill, and interest. Remember that there are telescopes fit for terrestrial as well as astronomical viewing so make sure to get the right one. Currently, it is very easy to find a retailer that sells telescopes for children online. You will have an array of choices as to which telescope you will get for your kid so make sure to read through the description as well as specifications of each telescope available from the retailer’s stock. Also, make sure to set a proper expectation as to what the kids can see before you let them take a peek. Giving them a little background knowledge of what they will be viewing will surely aid the kids to understand what it is that they are looking at as well as to better appreciate the hobby.
For a better experience for your kids, it is advisable that you purchase telescopes for your kids with good aperture, magnification, and with stable yet adjustable mounts so that it will be easier for your kids to use. Telescopes for kids with very good viewing quality might be a little more expensive however your kids will surely love what they see when they peek through the instrument.
7 Best Telescopes For Kids Review:
We researched and find some top quality children telescopes. So you can easily choose the best telescopes for your baby.
Quick Comparison Table
|Emarth 70mm||Refractor||18.1 x 8.7 x 4.4 inches||2.87 pounds||70mm(2.75")|
|Black Twinstar 60mm||Refracting||23 x 9.3 x 4.5 inches||4.1 pounds||60mm|
|MaxUSee 400x40mm||Refractor||15 x 7.7 x 3.5 inches||2.2 pounds||40mm|
|White TwinStar AstroMark 80mm 16-40x||Refractor||17.3 x 8.2 x 6.2 inches||5.85 pounds||80mm|
|CSSEA 70mm Telescope||Refractor||18.1 x 8.1 x 4.4 inches||4.25 pounds||70mm|
|Gskyer AZ50350||Refractor||17.3 x 7.4 x 4.9 inches||3.6 pounds||50mm|
|Pink TwinStar AstroMark 50mm 75x||Refractor||32.5 x 6.8 x 4.4 inches||4.75 pounds||50mm|
Emarth 70mm Refractor Telescope
This telescope is the best for kids or beginners. It will be a good observation of the moon and terrestrial objects. It has all coated glass optical components; the Travel Scope provides clean, crisp views. It has a portable design that perfect for the on-the-go sky gazer.
The Emarth 70mm telescope is provided with an azimuth mounting that can be moved vertically. Use the Pan Handle to manage the mount for easy pointing to placed objects.
You can find a small cross star finder on the left of the Emarth 70mm that helps you to find the planets or any flying birds.
It has two different eyepieces so you can enjoy the sight of a different distance.
- High Magnification (360mm Focal Length and 70mm Aperture)
- It is fully coated optical glass with high transmission
- This telescope is easy and quick to set up
- High-quality optics, eyepieces with a 3x Barlow lens increase viewing power
- It has an adjustable aluminum tripod and a Carry Bag
- 24 Month warranty guarantee and good support
- This telescope has real HD visual feast and Star Finder Scope
The Emarth 70mm telescope is very easy to use, it’s perfect for kids to learn astronomy. I personally like this telescope. It can be also a meaningful and great gift for birthday or Christmas.
Black Twinstar 60mm Compact Kids Telescope
The TwinStar AstroVenture 60mm Refracting Telescope is simple to assemble and easy to use. This telescope will amaze and surprise you with its outstanding views of the Saturn’s Rings, Moon and lot of deep-sky objects like the Beehive star clusters, the Orion Nebulae and star systems.
This telescope has a good Kids Pack features, Twinstar’s The Moon Map, Ultimate Factivity Collection Space book, and twelve Glow-in-the-Dark Star Stickers!
This telescope is able to do magnifications from 15x to 50x using the 2 included eyepieces. It has a full-sized aluminum tripod with an altazimuth mount, which makes it simple.
The Twinstar 60mm scope is too easy, no instructions, pop open the tripod, screw the telescope on the tripod, attach the finder scope and insert eyepiece. So we like recommending this telescope for children because this is a snap to put together and use.
- Good Beginner Scope and Fun for kids!
- 60mm Achromatic objective lens and 300mm focal length
- It’s magnification from 6mm & 20mm .965″ Diameter Eyepieces.
- Includes the 2x Barlow Lens
- It has Altazimuth Mount and Full-Size Light Weight Aluminum Tripod are Included.
- Step-by-step Online Assembly Guide
- It has a custom backpack for easy transport
- It has Kid’s Lunar Bundle
There is no best telescope price than the TwinStar 60mm Refracting Telescope! Are you finding kids friendly telescope? You can easily pick this one. This Refracting telescope Deal helps you to begin them off in space with everything they need. It’s a good gift.
MaxUSee Kids Telescope 400x40mm
MaxUSee Refractor Telescope F40040M is a kid and beginner-friendly telescope. It is portable and very easy to use.
It comes with the 5X18 Finder Scope which will find objects quicker. It includes a Moon mirror which will assist you clearly observe the moon.
This telescope is really an excellent gift for the young astronomy beginners with a gateway to the character and universe.
The magnification power of a telescope indicates what quantity a picture is enlarged or however huge and shut it seems to the viewer.
- Portable, easy to use and suitable for Kids or Beginners
- It has a moon mirror that can help you to observe the moon clearly
- The Educational Science telescope that fasts to set up and easy to carry
- Compass mounted on the Telescope tube
- Stars map and Moon map included
- Focal length 400mm, with 5X18 finder scope, will find objects quicker
- Includes 2pcs eyepieces H12.5mm & 20mm
This is a good gift for the children and also the sensible telescope to start with for beginners. Its size is compact and you will be able to take it anywhere whether it’s night camping or hiking or simply roaming around the forest. I would suggest to everybody who is new to telescopes!
TwinStar White AstroMark 80mm 16-40x Telescope
Twinstar 80mm Refractor Telescope is the most versatile optical instrument you will ever own.
With a full-coated achromatic 80mm primary objective lens and a brief 400mm focal distance, this small bundle of power packs a super-fast F/5.0, which implies it’s the right light-gathering instrument for obtaining nice views of birds or animals in darker shaded areas, and you will see clear, bright pictures of anything through either of the 2 powerful Kellner eyepieces. This telescope is ready-to-use for daytime earth-bound observant.
This is also a great selection for wide-field and deep space astronomy. This telescope is good and could be a nice introductory telescope for learning all regarding astronomy. With its tremendous light-gathering power, in dark skies, you’ll be able to observe fabulous nebulae, galaxies, star systems and most of the renowned deep-space Messier objects.
- Excellent Beginner Scope- Fun for Kids and Adults
- This telescope bundle is ideal for your very little stargazers
- It is fully coated 80mm Achromatic objective lens
- Mini Tripod and Carry Case
- Step-by-step online assembly guide
- Smartphone Adapter Bundle
- Dual Tripod Bundle
- Kids Lunar Bundle
- Dual Tripod Bundle
TwinStar White AstroMark 80mm is another quality kids and beginner telescope, that you can easily pick this one.
CSSEA 70mm Telescope
This telescope is simple to line up even for the kids and will encourage children to like learning regarding astronomy! 70mm telescope is good for land-based astronomy observations of scientists and travelers who are interested in teen, kids, travelers students, adults, or learning a lot of regarding the night sky.
The telescope is supplied with an azimuth mounting, can be moved vertically. Use the Pan Handle to regulate the mount for simply pointing to placed objects.
- It is fully coated optical glass with high transmission coatings creates crisp pictures with enhanced brightness and clarity
- includes two 1.25″ eyepieces
- Easily find your objects, No-tools quick set up
- This CSSEA 70mm telescope excels at daytime birding use as well as viewing wildlife, scenery and casual nighttime perceptive of the Moon
- Adjustable tripod and a carry bag
- LIFETIME WARRANTY GUARANTEE
- LIFETIME MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
This CSSEA 70mm telescope lifetime warranty and a money-back guarantee make it extraordinary one from other telescopes. So there is no loss here to buy this product.
Gskyer AZ50350 German Technology Telescope
Gskyer Infinity has over twenty years of Optical history, Use of Germany’s advanced technology, completely different teams of individuals from different telescopes for science, exploration astronomy, and tourism, etc. Gskyer’s value-priced Refractor telescope fifty is a reasonable entry-level telescope for you, your family and kids.
Change the eyepieces here can provide you with different clarity .25mm and high 10mm magnification eyepieces give you variety for any kind of viewing.
- High-Quality Optics makes the images brighter and clearer
- High Magnification Come with 2 replaceable eyepieces and a 3x Barlow lens
- Set Up Easily No tools are required
- Complete parts come with a carry bag
- Satisfaction Warranty, Reliable, and good friendly customer service
- One year warranty and lifetime maintenance
- High-quality aluminum alloy tube
- High-quality iron tripod
- It’s Antireflection Blue Film, help protect the vision of kids
Gskyer AZ50350 Telescope is the best kids friendly telescope from other Gskyer products. Generally, German technology gives and extra features. So you can choose this telescope for your children.
Pink TwinStar AstroMark 50mm 75x Telescope
This Telescope Deal lets you start them off in space with everything you need. Your child will do is point the telescope at the Moon, included a handy laminated Lunar features card. Also, the children Pak comes with the Ultimate Factivity Collection Space book, and alternative goodies to show your kids the basics of stargazing and constellations.
This simple to assemble and easy to use telescope can amaze and surprise you with its outstanding views of the Moon, Saturn’s Rings and many of deep-space objects like the Beehive star clusters, the binary star systems, and Orion Nebulae.
- It has 600mm focal length, 50mm Achromatic objective lens
- Full-Size Tripod are Included and Altazimuth Mount
- Included Kids Pak features (Moon Map, Ultimate Factivity Collection Space book, etc)
- Online Assembly Guide
- Good for bird watching, mountain gazing, and is great for high-rise apartment dwellers who like to scan the city
- The aluminum tripod is fully adjustable, lightweight, making it so easy for kids to handle
- Easy to use and carry
There is no best telescope price than a 50mm refracting telescope! It is both land and sky viewing for kids. It has good value and quality features as well. Low budget, this may be a special gift for kids.
Children Telescope – How to Choose and Buy
All telescopes, even children’s telescopes, are of two basic types. Refracting telescopes use a lens for gathering the light. Reflecting telescopes use a mirror. For a children telescope, each will provide wonderful observations. Typically a larger telescope will use a mirror.
In choosing the telescope, the child’s ability and interest in using the telescope should be considered. The child should be able to understand how to set up, use and store the telescope. All telescopes can be set up and pointed for observing an object in the sky. Typically the more expensive telescopes have features that facilitate and enhance this capability.
For a Children’s Telescope, factors to consider are:
(1) Cost – A beginner’s children telescope that provides an introduction to observing the most well known astronomical objects such as the Moon, planets and bright stars will cost approximately $50. An intermediate children’s telescope that has a larger lens or mirror and hand controls used to observed slightly fainter objects and to track for a short time will cost a maximum of $200. An advanced children’s telescope to observe the even fainter object and the ability to track accurately for an extended period using an automatic drive will cost approximately $300.
(2) Quality of Optics – Quality optics will provide a good image, increasing your enjoyment in the observation. The image should appear sharp with respect to the definition and sharpness of color.
(3) Size of Light Gatherer – The larger the lens in your refracting telescope or mirror in your reflecting telescope, then the more light telescope collects from the objects that you observe and the bright that it may appear or the fainter the object that you may observe. Beginners will have a wonderful introduction to astronomical wonders with a 70 mm (2.4 in) refractor. The intermediate observer can expand their viewing with a 114 mm (4.5 in ) reflector. An advanced observer can expand to larger sizes at a higher cost.
(4) Magnification – Two items determine the Magnification: focal length of the light gatherer and focal length of the eyepiece being used. The focal of the light gatherer is a fixed characteristic of the lens or mirror in the telescope. You can use different eyepieces. Typically when you buy the telescope you be provided with at least two eyepieces: one for low magnification and one for high magnification. There is a limit on the magnification that can be obtained. As a rule of thumb, the limit is 2X the diameter of light gather measured in millimeters. For example, a 70 mm (2.8 in) refractor has a limit of approximately 140X. This will be achieved only on very clear nights in which the air is very steady.
(5) Mount – Once properly assembled, the mount and the telescope should be very steady. You will want to minimize the image being shaken (moved) because the mount or telescope was touched slightly, blown by a slight breeze or controls were handled. A solid base mounted on a quality tripod that is sturdy and easily adjustable in height is very useful. Many tripods have a platform that is attached to the three legs. This is very convenient for holding the eyepieces and other observing tools.
(6) Telescope Characteristics – You will use the telescope for a child in many locations. The telescope should be lightweight and very transportable. Because you will be using it in dimly lit situations, it should be easy to set up, disassemble and store by all users – children and adults. The owner’s manual will provide very useful information on how best to use and care for the telescope. A telescope for kids should be treated as a quality instrument. The owner’s manual should be read and followed.
Consult with a member of a local amateur astronomy club or with someone who teaches astronomy at a local college for additional information. Attending a local star party can be a lot of fun and open up new wonders.